The AFC Counselling Service
Adolescent and Family Counsellors provide a safe environment for young people aged 11 to 18 and or their families to discuss issues :
- When issues with friends, school, work or family are impacting negatively on their lives
- When issues cause unhappiness, fear, confusion or anger
- When there is a sense of hopelessness
- when new hope emerges and a wish for change is strong
- When something traumatic has happened
- When there are safety concerns
- When there is a belief that change is needed
What a Counsellor does
Adolescent and Family Counsellors confidentially support and work with young people and their families to achieve positive change by:
- Providing strategies to cope with family relationship issues.
- promoting mutual understanding
- Providing a supportive environment to discuss and address issues, thoughts and emotions
- Providing a safe place to build the skills that empower the young person and their families to overcome difficulties.
- reflect back the strengths, abilities and resources to young people and families, to assist with confidence building