The Community Hub is a space to connect with information and referral agencies, to hear about local events and to develop ideas about how to better serve the Lithgow Community, through Volunteering or Community Development.
LINC offers many services to the local community including FREE
- Second Bite – Food Rescue – Friday Hampers from - 12:30pm – Bread available Monday to Thursday out the front of LINC or in the foyer depending on the weather
- Community Legal Support on Mondays fortnightly - please call LINC for available dates (02) 6352 2077
- Alcoholics Anonymous meet every Tuesday 7.30-9pm and Thursday evening from 7.30-9pm . Just drop in!
- Narcotics Anonymous meet every Saturday evening from 7:30 to 8:30pm
- Mary McKillop Today - NILS Program – Tuesdays from 9am to 3pm
- Nature and Nurture Groups and Bus Tours – Bookings essential
- Wellbeing Connection Program – Fortnightly at Secret Creek
- Pop Up Café Project – contact LINC for more details - visiting a remote area near you soon in our LGA
- Credit and Debt Helpline – 1800 007 007 (online support)
Bowenfels Community Hub Programs During School Terms
- Women’s Safe Haven Project – afternoon tea – Wednesday 2-3pm
- Homework Centre – Kinder to Year 6 with support for high school students – Wednesday 4-5pm
- Youth Hub – 12- 16years – Thursday 4-5:30pm
- Monthly Family BBq’s – Last Thursday of the Month – 4:30 to 6pm
As a community hub we are always seeking volunteers to support our range of programs – for current vacancies please feel free to call Leanne on (02) 6354 5910 for more information or to be connected to an appropriate service in Lithgow to suit your needs
The Community Hub is interested in what is important to the people living in the Lithgow LGA. The Hub regularly attends events on the street to ASK people about their hopes and aspirations for the community and runs in depth Community Conversations to find out what is important to the people who live here.
This information is used to create public knowledge about how the community feels and informs our programs and practice.
For more information call Leanne on (02) 6354 5910.
If you would like to be part of a Community Conversation which would be a chance to tell us what's important in your community and to contribute to programs and services in the area, call Leanne on (02) 6354 5910.
Lithgow Community Interagency Dates
The Lithgow Community Interagency is a network of local organisations and services that meet bi-monthly at LINC to share information network and develop partnerships;
Meetings are from 12noon to 2pm and the dates for 2022 are as follows:
Wednesday 9th February, 2022
Wednesday 20th April, 2022
Wednesday 8th June, 2022
Wednesday 10th August, 2022
Wednesday 12th October, 2022
Wednesday 14th December, 2022
Meeting Time – 12pm - 2pm
Location – 1 Padley Street, Lithgow or via ZOOM
Guest speakers are welcome to register their interest for a group presentation, please contact
Leanne via email – email@example.com
Suicide Awareness “Let’s Talk Lithgow”
This group is run by the community for the community.
Our suicide prevention group meets bi-monthly following the Lithgow Community Interagency. We are working to increase the mental health literacy in our community with a focus on mental health awareness and suicide prevention.
Meetings are 2pm to 3pm - @ LINC (please refer to the above dates for the Lithgow Community Interagency)